Friday, July 22, 2016

Retro Common Sense Kay

  1. It seems that with age -- wisdom, but I seem to have a setback.  I used to dress-up all the time when I was home cooking and cleaning. Now that I am older, I do not doll-up akin to the effect of Donna Reed.  I often feel guilty about it, but there is so much to do and I have the need to feel very comfortable while cleaning, cooking, washing clothes, and so forth.  However, I know that I want to look my best.   Our husbands are 'observing' and despite a long and confident status in the marriage ... a husband needs to fall in love with a wife each day.  I guess that we must work on that old first impression to stand ground day after day after year in ones own marriage.  A husband does not wish to see a common, sloppy wife walking around the house, cooking, serving meals, and so forth.  I will not wear those lovely pearls as I used to do when I was washing clothes and vacuuming, but I will be dressed-up casually while adding make-up, lip gloss, neat hair ...  as if participating in a Barbie pageant.


No comments:

Post a Comment